Poverty can rock or suck. Either way it's not the end.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Poor? Get over it!


So your living in poverty and your life sucks?  I get it.  Seriously, I have no income what-so-ever right now since I lost my job but suck my life does not.  Okay, so I'm not on the street right now but I have been and if I piss off the only friend I have left in the world, hello pavement.


Now you might think I should be crying in my coffee.  NO!  Coffee is my favorite beverage, why would I ruin it by diluting it with my salty tears.  Salt does not belong in coffee and I'm a happy person if I don't run out of it.  Of the four major food groups I can still afford (water, beans, rice, coffee) coffee is my favorite.  Coffee has the added quality of making you forget you are hungry.


So you think poverty is a serious issue, well of course it is, but that doesn't mean it has to ruin a person.  I mean I don't take my own poverty all that serious because well, I've learned that doing that to anything usually just exacerbates the problem and I'd prefer not to wind up in the morgue just yet for jumping off the nearest cliff.


I think too one of the major problems with being poor is that poor people don't know what to do with themselves which why I'm writing this blog.  Honestly, one thing I've been trying to figure out for years is why so many poor people seem to have so many other problems and I've come to the conclusion that too many of them think they don't matter so I'm here to say "I'm poor and I matter!"


Just because I don't have a pot to piss in and I live with cockroaches doesn't mean my voice is unworthy of being heard.  It also doesn't mean I'm a criminal or that I'm not highly intelligent because if that were true it would mean over 50% of the world's population are just stupid.  I don't know about you but most of the stupid people I know actually have a nice home and plenty of money.  Many of them are actually running (and ruining) the country.


So if you are poor and depressed, read on and prepare to laugh a little and live a little.  Just in case you are hoping that I might be able to give you some advice on how to get out of poverty let me tell you right now, that is not going to happen because if I knew the answer to that one do you think I would be writing this?


I'm expert at living in poverty, not getting out of it.  Not yet anyway, but if that happens you will be the first to know how it happened.  You've got my word on that noise.


Peace and Love because when you're poor like me, that's all you have to give!

No comments:

Post a Comment