Poverty can rock or suck. Either way it's not the end.

Friday, April 13, 2012

It's Dead


Don't worry, it's dead.  It's not going to pop off your computer screen into your tidy sprawling home.


This is a poor man's nightmare.  It's the dreaded cockroach and my friends trailer is chock full infested with them.  Now don't get all up on your high horse and think that he lives in filth.  The cockroaches were here when he moved in.


"Well, why doesn't he tell his landlord about them and demand they do something about them" you might ask.  I did.  I asked and you know what?  His answer made perfect sense to me when I found out he is sometimes late on the rent or can't pay it all.  His landlord takes what she can get and doesn't make a fuss.  So neither does he.


Personally, I detest the nasty little creatures.  They totally freak me out or at least they did.  I'm getting used to killing them now.  Sometimes I stay up till four in the morning, spray bottle in hand and go on a rampage like a military drone exploding a village.


Every time I think I'm getting a handle on them, there comes the night when they think it's safe to come outside again.  They are wrong every time.  GOTCHA!


One thing I'm really happy about (yes seriously there is an upside to this story) is that cock-roaches are small and somewhat easy to annihilate.  Rats are not.  You probably don't know this but poor people often live with rats.  Believe me, I know it.


There is nothing quite as startling as sitting on the pot trying to take a dump and having one run over your foot.  Or turning on the light in the kitchen and finding one stuck in your sink UNABLE TO GET OUT!  Yes, it's true, I once rented a place like this.  It was of course city approved.


It had roaches too but somehow the rats took precedent over them so I didn't notice them as much.


Well, I'll keep you updated on the roach infestation.  I know you are just as interested in that as I am.

















2 comments:

  1. You didn't notice the roaches when you saw the rats because it was likely the rats were eating the roaches, at least some of them. Now all you need to do is get a cat to eat the rats (and a few roaches if it can catch them) Funny to watch trying anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like cats and dogs when they don't come with fleas! Now the flies are coming out as well and then come the ticks and snakes. You can run but you can not hide.

    ReplyDelete